Wednesday 18 April 2012

When it Rains...

I was going to blog about making a cheese sauce. Scintillating or what. But then, after dinner, F peered out the window and saw that it was raining and she requested to go outside and splash in muddy puddles. What a good idea!

We donned our wellies and our coats (note to self: next time choose a coat with a HOOD) and stepped out into the pouring rain.


E was concentrating hard to find the biggest and splashiest puddles that she could. She was all wrapped up in her coat with her hood up...


Who would have thought that such a grey day could bring so much pleasure to two bouncing kiddies. 


On a different note, Blogger informs me that this is my 50th post!! Wow! I had no idea I'd posted so much. I'm really enjoying blogging, it feels good to document some of the things that go on in our lives and to have it all here with photos for me to look back on.

And on another slightly different note, this poem is at the start of The Time Traveller's Wife and as I read it I realised that it was one of the poems I studied for GCSE English many moons ago. I really do love it.


Love After Love
The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other's welcome,

and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life. 
Derek Walcott




No comments:

Post a Comment