Saturday 28 April 2012

Waybuloo Birthday Cake

This cake was ordered a couple of months ago and I've been thinking and thinking about it. I made the characters earlier in the week so that they could harden but other than that everything had to be done fresh for the cake. I baked it and decorated it in (a very manic) 5 hours.


There are four Waybuloo characters, a 'Nara bug', ladybirds, two trees and lots and lots of flowers.


I think this is the most fun I've ever had making a cake. I loved the bright colours I got to use and it just looked like a happy cake. The top tier was lemon sponge with lemon buttercream and lemon curd. The bottom tier was vanilla sponge with vanilla cream and strawberry jam. Yum.



Today (after delivering the cake!) we took the train into our nearest city. I got the pleasure of going to one of my friend's 4D baby scan, it was amazing! The girls loved going on the train and we went on a bus after too so they were very very excited, and beautifully behaved all day. Planning a yummy roast dinner tomorrow as it is Hubby's last Sunday off of work for a while... mmm I do love a roast dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment