There are many ways to poach an egg (so I'm told and so google will tell you). But mine has never failed!
Boiling water in a saucepan
Vinegar - 1 tbsp ish (preferably white or white wine vinegar but regular will do)
A slotted spoon (or a normal big spoon and some kitchen roll)
- Get your water boiling with your vinegar in it.
- Break an egg into the bowl (don't break the yolk as you do this)
- Use the spoon to stir the water vigorously so that it make a vortex (all the water swirling into the middle)
- While the water is swirling pour the egg into to - keep the bowl close to the water - the vortex will swirl the egg into a lovely poached shape.
- Leave it in the pan boiling away for about 5 minutes for a runny yolk, a couple more minutes for a hard one.
- Take out with a slotted spoon, blot dry with kitchen roll if you need to.
Eat and enjoy!