Monday 23 April 2012

Healthy Pasta and Sauce Recipe - and a Whinge

I'll start with the recipe so you can skip my whining if you prefer :D

This was made up by me (though I doubt it is original) when I was wondering what I could eat that was healthy and yummy. It wasn't the yummiest thing I've ever eaten but it wasn't too bad!

You need:

Mushrooms
Onions
Garlic
Pasta
Chopped tomatoes
Frylight (or oil if you'd rather)
Fat free yoghurt

Cook the mushrooms for a few minutes in some Frylight/oil, then add the onions and garlic and cook for another couple of minutes. Bung the chopped tomatoes in a saucepan and add the mushroom, garlic and onion. Bring to the boil and simmer for maybe 8-10 minutes? Something like that. Whilst it's simmering cook your pasta. Once it has simmered add the yoghurt and just heat it through. Drain the pasta and serve with the sauce. And done. Except I added some (light) cheese. Because everything tastes better with cheese!




Easy-peasy.


Now for the whinge.

I HATE POTTY TRAINING. I never realised that it would be the hardest and worst bit about parenting. I hadn't even ever given it much thought. As far as I was aware when your kid reached a certain age you put a potty in front of them, stuck underwear on and with a little encouragement TADA. But nope. 

F has been dry in the day since last July, we have other issues that would take up a whole other post and that don't really go well with a recipe post.

This morning I put E in knickers, had the potty in front of her, we talked about where wee wees go etc. I asked her to sit on the potty 10 minutes later and she did and after a few minutes she did do a wee. Well that was it for the day. She weed on the sofa (cleverly over all 7 cushions!), on the floor, on the sofa a couple more times, in front of the tv... now she is clever, talks loads and has done for a long time, she understands everything but she does not seem to care that she is wetting herself. She doesn't even seem to notice! And I don't know whether that means I should give up and try again in a few months or if I should just keep going and maybe it will click? With F she didn't train until she was over 3 - she had a deep fear of the potty (and still won't use a normal toilet, arggg, another another story) but when I took the nappies away and she had no choice she used it, and had no accidents. Part of me thinks that I should just wait with E and just wait until it is easier.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Off for a cup of tea. And some sugarpaste modelling, I've some Waybuloo characters to make!



P.S HAPPY WORLD BOOK NIGHT!!! Take a book to bed tonight and have a read! I will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment