Tuesday 3 April 2012

Sorting the Garage

Thrilling stuff I know! It may not be nicest job to do but it REALLY needed doing.

I'm a hoarder by nature. I find sentiment in the most random of things and I cling onto things just because they might be useful one day. I blame my mother. She's just the same, in fact it is a good job she wasn't here today as she'd have been fishing things out of the rubbish left right and centre!

We have never really sorted through all of our stuff. We've moved 4 times in less than 4 years and every time we've moved it's been a bit of a rush - either with a young baby, with a toddler and heavily pregnant, with a baby and a toddler or with 2 toddlers, add into that that we've only ever had at most 8 weeks notice of moving everything has been manic. We would just shove things into boxes, tape them up and never open them again, until today.

The garage is nearly done now. 9 hours of sorting, 3 tip runs plus a driveway still full of rubbish, lots of stuff for a carboot sale and only a few boxes left to sort. It was cathartic. I went through a lot of emotions as I sorted through the things from my past but overall it was a good experience. Cleansing. I ache all over though. And my housework has been neglected. Never mind!

I'll leave you with a picture of my daffodils, aren't they pretty? They are a peachy colour in the middle, I've never seen ones like that before! Can't beat a £1 bunch of daffs in an old jam jar.


No comments:

Post a Comment