Thursday 10 May 2012

School Desserts - Cornflake Tart Recipe

A friend and I were reminiscing recently about the desserts we used to have with our school dinners. We had fond memories of a couple of them and it became our goal to re-create them!

We started with the cornflake tart - as we remember it it was pasty, jam and cornflakes in some sort of sticky syrup.

We roughly followed this recipe here... and ended up with...


Well, ok, we ended up with 3 of these and we ate lots. Yum. It was pretty much as we remembered! We think it needs some more filling. And I need to try it with custard but it was GOOD.

Today I also spotted the google car! One of the ones that takes the photos that end up on Google streetview.


I'll have to keep an eye out on the system as I'm guessing my car will be there -down my friend's street! Hehe.


No comments:

Post a Comment