Sunday 19 February 2012

Stuffed Peppers

Following on from my pork post this one is also about food.

Last night I made stuffed peppers for me, my Mum and my niece. And they were YUM!

Of course I completely forgot to take a photo, I was too busy stuffing my face.


Vague recipe/method:

Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius 

  • Cut the tops off some peppers and scoop out the inside.
  • Pop the peppers in a big pan of boiling water on the hob and par-boil for 2-3 minutes.
  • Put the peppers upside down on some kitchen roll to dry.
  • Make a bolognese mix (whatever you like) or cheat like me and reheat a frozen portion.
  • Put bolognese mix into peppers and put them on a tray or baking dish or whatever you've got that they will stand in.
  • Bake them for 25 minutes.

Serve with whatever you like, the jacket potatoes we had went well!

And then eat. Lots. 


On a different note, Hubby has manflu. Also known as 'spend all the time in bed' flu. Not much fun for anyone really. Otherwise life is plodding along as normal. Back to nursery next week for my eldest (and my littlest for a few hours once a week). I'm a bit sad about that, I love having both girls around together, even if it is a bit crazy round here!




P.S There will be more food talk next week. I have a date with some ribs, some bbq sauce and a slow cooker. Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment