Sunday 26 February 2012

Comfort food and comfort crochet

We had toad-in-the-hole for dinner. It was delicious, even if I do say so myself! There is something comforting about it I think, slightly stodgy yorkshire pudding, yummy sausages and MASH. I love mash. I am a comfort eater, I eat far too much far too often just because that's how I deal with stress, sadness, excitement, most things really. We had icecream afterwards too. Yum.

Comfort crochet comes in the form of the blanket that I've now started using the Stylecraft DK that arrived the other day.

Project blanket currently looks like this:


12 rows, I started at about 11pm last night after arguing with myself about what stitch to do and whether to go with a pattern or just random colours and stripes. I still haven't completely decided if there will be any regularity to it. I'd like to say that there won't be but I have an inexplicable need to plan everything, so it might be a planned random blanket, if there is such a thing! It's comforting because it is so SIMPLE. And the colours make me happy.

I'm trying new ways of joining in a colour and of crocheting in the ends as I go, and I'm not tying any knots. It scares me, I have a fear that the blanket will go through the wash and come out as a ball of wool.

Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment