Friday 30 March 2012

Why I Love my Kindle

** Please note this post is NOT in any way sponsored or endorsed by Amazon or anyone else involved with the Kindle. I don't think they even know I exist! All opinions are completely my own and I'm just blogging about it because I want to!**

I got my Kindle for my birthday last year. I had been sceptical for a while and unsure as to whether I could give up my precious 'real' books in favour of digital ones. I could see the advantages but I just wasn't sure that it was for me. I've always been a bookworm, the first proper full book I ever read to myself was Enid Blyton's Mallory Towers, I read it, fairly fast (and I was quite young, maybe 7 ish?) and I didn't look back. I worked my way through all of that series, a lot of the Famous Five, Secret Seven type books and on and on I went. At one point I'd read most of the stuff in that section in my library.



As the Kindle grew in popularity I found myself thinking more and more about it and in the end decided that I DID want one, and that if nothing else I could have that as well as my shelves of books.

And now? I'm a convert, I still have books (though I am going to go through them soon and de-stash) and there are still certain books that I will buy. But I love the Kindle, and here's why:

1. I can have all my books in one place
2. Takes up very little room
3. Light
4. Easy to turn the pages
5. Actually looks like paper (this still amazes me)
6. I can get lots of books for free, including the classics
7. I can think of a book and own it in about 2 minutes flat
8. I can pack it in my bag without having to make a choice about what I'll want to read
9. Reading is a lot more accessible
10. It remembers what page I am upto without me having to turn over the corner of a page

So, yeh. I love it. I've gotten my Mum converted too. I've got a new snazzy case that has a light built in that is powered by the Kindle. So clever, and more importantly. It's green. Apple green <3



No comments:

Post a Comment