Saturday 16 June 2012

A Welsh Dresser and a Catch Up

6 DAYS since my last blog post. That is shocking!

Things have been very busy and crazy here. I had a good friend come to live with us for a few days while she had some things to sort out. Our house is small as it is so having another adult and a one year old made time fly!

I was browsing ebay on tuesday and quickly searched for 'dressers' near to us. I've been searching for a while for a welsh dresser that is cheap enough for us but one that I can love. I wasn't even sure where I wanted it to go. I just knew I needed one in my life. And there it was. 1940s dresser. On with a 'buy it now' so I didn't even have to fight for it. It cost me £45 and my husband a 50 minute round trip to go get it!

Here she is:




I've since added a fabric polka dot chicken in a pale blue wicker basket and I now have various things hanging from the handles.

I love it. It makes me happy.

That space in the kitchen was previously a white butterfly table and a lot of junk. And coats hanging on the wall and pictures and all sorts and it looked a mess. Now it is lovely. The jugs on the top I've had for ages and have had nowhere to show them off. Same with the teacups. They were a charity shop buy - my Mum picked them up for me and I have been safely stashing them waiting for somewhere to put them.

I have more plans for it. I want to paper the back in-between the shelves. I want to line the drawers and I was new knobs for it. Pretty ones. And bunting. There has to be bunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment