Tuesday 19 June 2012

Pop Your Own Popcorn

I love popcorn. I prefer savoury to sweet but will eat either. I tried a curry popcorn once and that was amazing!

I usually buy the pre-flavoured microwave packs but three things lead me to popping my own -
1. The demise of our microwave!
2. The calories and additives in the microwave packs
3. The lack of flavours

So for father's day for my husband I kindly bought him some popping kernels and some retro popcorn boxes and tonight we popped our first batch!


All you need is some popping kernels - Asda sell 1kg bags for £2.50. A big pan with a lid and a little oil. 
We used half a cup kernels and 1tbsp of oil and it made a whole pan full!

We added butter and salt to ours but I'm looking forward to trying some more interesting flavours!

1 comment: