Sunday 5 August 2012

Broccoli, Cauliflower, Pasta and Cheese soup - Recipe!

Earlier I really fancied something cheesey and soupy so I started googling for recipes for a soup. But I couldn't find anything that took my fancy or that was simple enough. Everything seemed to involve nutmeg or potatoes or onions or blitzing something. What I had in my mind was something with chunks of veg in it. I've tried the 'mugshots' before in broccoli and cheese flavour and while they are ok, they are a lot of calories for a little mug but they did show me that pasta and soup do go together.

I took the plunge and decided to make up a recipe as I went. And it worked! It was really nice! And really quick to make.

Ingredients:

*Cooked pasta (couple of handfuls depending on how pasta-y you want it)
*Cheese sauce - (350ml milk, 2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp butter, handful of grated cheese)
*Broccoli and cauliflower - I used frozen
*Veg stock cubes

To start I put the broccoli and cauliflower in a pan of boiling vegetable stock. I used 2 stock cubes worth to cover the veg.

I then put the pasta on to cook.

To make the cheese sauce just put in the milk, flour and butter and stir constantly with a balloon whisk over a medium heat until bubbling then add the cheese and whisk until smooth.

Then add some of the stock to the cheese sauce until it is the thickness that you want your sauce. Drain the broccoli and cauliflower and add it to the sauce. Add the pasta to the sauce too. Give it a mix and heat it until it bubbles a bit. Season to taste. Pour into bowls and sprinkle a little more cheese on the top.

DONE


No comments:

Post a Comment