Thursday 5 July 2012

The Olympic Torch

The Olympic torch travelled though our town today and it started off at my Husband's work! So rather handily we were able to be right there and close and see the procession start and the torch lit.

Before we went I wasn't that bothered but it was really lovely to be there and I'm really glad that I go to go!


Torch bearer 31 having some photos taken.


Lighting the torch...


And it was lit!


And it was on its way!

CocaCola had a really cool van there and were handing out souvenir drums!

 

My own little piece of history!

I love watching the Olympics and I really really really wish I had tickets to see something :( i think instead I'll try and get to the Paralympics as I bet that is amazing too and there are still tickets left for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment